jackifulwood

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two
Catherynne M. Valente, Ana Juan
Joshua Dread: The Nameless Hero
Lee Bacon
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at the Gate - Drew Goddard, Joss Whedon, Georges Jeanty, Andy Owens, Michelle Madsen, Richard Starkings Summary: Japanese vampires and a witch have stolen Dracula's powers and are out to undo the spell that gives the Slayer's power to more than one girl at a time. Buffy and friends travel to Tokyo to save the day while Xander reunites with Dracula, his dark master (fans of the show can fill in the punchline here.)

Characters: We have the same core characters, all acting like themselves for the most part...except Buffy, who has suddenly developed lesbian tendencies. It's slightly in character though, because once again she's using someone who loves her for sex with the ultimate goal of not proceeding with the relationship. Good to see she's still her incredibly selfish Season 6 and 7 self...Wait. No, it's not.

Plot: The plot seemed a little thin (what, this giant series-ending climactic spell isn't PERMANENT?), but the fight scene in Tokyo is suitably epic.

Art: I was surprised. The art was easy on the eyes, and the characters were recognizable. Except Xander...he looked like a different pirate in every panel.

Writing/Dialogue: Just like the show, the dialogue was true-to-character and full of snazzy one-liners.

Ending: Again, there goes Buffy, using someone who loves her for sex. I remember back near the dawn of time, when she was a role model...

What more did I want?: To see the main character start growing up and stop turning into a selfish, battle-hardened...well, Katniss!