jackifulwood

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two
Catherynne M. Valente, Ana Juan
Joshua Dread: The Nameless Hero
Lee Bacon
Highway to Hell - Rosemary Clement-Moore I haven't read the first two books in this series, but I will definitely be looking them up now. If you love Good vs Evil stories, enjoy mystery novels, or just really miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer, there's something for you in this quirky, one-liner filled read.

While this book's probably never going to be considered classroom-worthy, I'd recommend it any day based on the strong, day-saving, yet surprisingly nerdy heroines and their protective yet supportive boyfriends. How nice to see positive, balanced relationships acted out in YA fiction, instead of all-consuming lust and drama. Evil-fighting psychic Maggie may pine for her man when he's away and admire him when he's around, but she never lets love get in the way of the bigger issues, like hoards of demons trying to break through into the human world.

Recommend to: Age 13+, mystery fans, fantasy fans, light horror fans, Buffy fans, girls in general

Don't recommend to: Readers who will take issue at the book mixing Christianity and paganism